Baking bread rolls, manufacturing toothpaste, producing pharmaceuticals: To obtain a flawless product, reliable recipe management is needed for each of these use cases. PILOT:Recipe is software that helps the machine operator to process the proper ingredients in the correct quantity and order and at the right time.
This is achieved by precisely documenting every manufacturing instruction and every process step in the recipe management system. The software navigates the operator step by step through the process. A product usually passes through multiple production steps on different lines. These steps are also managed in the recipe management system.
That's how recipe management works
All these steps make up a recipe the operator receives for their order. The recipe may include the instruction "bake for 20 minutes" and the parameter "target furnace temperature 130 °C". The Manufacturing Execution System (MES) documents if the user deviates from target specifications and sets the temperature to 190 °C instead of 130 °C. The recipe management records each such deviation.
Benefits of PILOT:Recipe
- Mobile and digital support for users processing recipes and manufacturing instructions.
- Recording all production data for tracking batches in the MES
- Complete tracking & tracing
- Complying with production safety standards by means of test and approval processes
- Reducing failure rates and overheads by having PILOT:Recipe check and validate work steps
The functions in detail
- Manage recipes including bills of material and all used components, process steps and work instructions.
- Synchronize bills of material from ERP systems
- Create production orders from existing recipes
- Document work instructions for single process steps in the recipe management system
- Map tolerances of components and material/batch inventories
- Specify and record process parameters for machines, PLCs and users
- Integrate complex production plants in recipes